WE DEFINE “PII” TO MEAN ANY INFORMATION RELATING TO AN IDENTIFIED OR IDENTIFIABLE NATURAL PERSON; AN IDENTIFIABLE NATURAL PERSON IS ONE WHO CAN BE IDENTIFIED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN PARTICULAR BY REFERENCE TO AN IDENTIFIER SUCH AS A NAME, AN IDENTIFICATION NUMBER, LOCATION DATA, AN ONLINE IDENTIFIER OR TO ONE OR MORE FACTORS SPECIFIC TO THE PHYSICAL, PHYSIOLOGICAL, GENETIC, MENTAL, ECONOMIC, CULTURAL OR SOCIAL IDENTITY OF THAT NATURAL PERSON.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN PLEASE DO NOT USE THE WEBSITE.
Please also read the Engage’s Terms of Service at: https://engage.com/terms-of-service/, which describe the terms under which you use our Services and the Data Processing Agreement at https://engage.com/DPA/, which describes the terms governing the processing of personal data provided by users of the Services.
- Information We Collect and How We Use It. In order to provide and improve our Website, we may collect and process PII, including the following types of information:
- Information You Provide. For registration purposes, for example for purpose of providing you with a demo to our Services, we ask you for personal information, including, without limitation your name, your professional affiliation details including address, email and phone numbers.
- User Communications. When you send emails or other communication to Engage, we may retain those communications and the details therein. If you subscribed on the Website to receive a demo of the Services or to our newsletter, we will use your name, e-mail address, and company name to send you our newsletters and other promotional communications, you may opt-out of this service at any time by submitting a request at the following link: https://engage.com/request-for-deletion/.
- Third Parties. We sometimes supplement the information that you provide with information that is received from third parties (for example, HubSpot, Matomo, Cloudflare, Outbrain, LinkedIn, or Google (including: Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics or Google Ads conversion).
- User Information. When you use the Website, we may automatically receive and record information from your browser, including without limitation information and statistics about your online/offline status, your IP address, internet service provider, search history, type of browser, your regional and language settings and software and hardware attributes. Our systems may automatically record and store technical information regarding the method and nature of your use of the Website. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your browser on a network, or in this case, the Internet. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information. Engage uses such PII in order to understand the usage trends of our Website and improve it.
- Aggregate and Analytical Data. In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve potential customers of the Services, we often use log files to conduct research on information and statistics about online/offline status, IP address, internet service provider (ISP), date and time stamps and number of clicks on page, cookie information, device ID, and your settings. We also combine and share such information and other information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) with third party advertising partners. These advertising partners will use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit third party websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “online behavioral advertising”. We allow access to other data collected by the services to share information that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you. If you prefer not to share your PII with third party advertising partners, you may let us know. We reserve the right to remove or add new analytic tools.
- Children. If you are a child under the age of 18, you must obtain parental consent prior to using our Website. Engage will not knowingly contact or engage with children under the age of 18 without said parental consent. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided us with their PII, please contact us at the address given above and we will endeavor to delete that PII from our databases.
- Information Security. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of PII. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We retain your PII only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
- Your Rights.
- Right of Access and Rectification. You have the right to know what PII we collect about you and to ensure that such data is accurate and relevant for the purposes for which we collected it. We allow our users the option to access and obtain a copy of their PII and to rectify such PII if it is not accurate, complete or updated. However we may first ask you to provide us certain credentials to permit us to identify your PII.
- Right to Delete PII or Restrict Processing. You have the right to delete your PII or restrict its processing. We may postpone or deny your request if your PII is in current use for the purposes for which it was collected or for other legitimate purposes such as compliance with legal obligations.
- Right to Withdraw Consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your PII. Exercising this right will not affect the lawfulness of processing your PII based on your consent before its withdrawal.
- Right of Data Portability. Where technically feasible, you have the right to ask to transfer your PII in accordance with your right to data portability.
- You may exercise the above rights by sending a request to [email protected].
- Right to Request Information on Transfers. You have the right to request certain details of the basis on which your PII is transferred outside the European Economic Area. Please be aware that certain information relating to such transfers may be partially redacted or restricted due to data transfer agreements or reasons relating to commercial confidentiality.
- Right to Lodge Complaint. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority regarding the processing of your PII.
- Your California Privacy Rights and Do Not Track Notices. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of Engage who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of PII to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected]. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year. You are also advised that Engage does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
Last Date Updated: January 6, 2022.